HPC Solutions Architect
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||About the Company:|
Penguin Computing is a global leader in high-performance computing (HPC), delivering complete, integrated HPC solutions, from the workstation to the cloud. With a focus on cutting-edge technology, ease-of-use and exceptional customer service, Penguin cost-effectively meets the needs of the worlds most demanding HPC users, including Caterpillar, Lockheed Martin, the U.S. Department of Defense, and dozens of higher education and federally funded research and development centers. Today, Penguin delivers a range of solutions, from massive Linux clusters to Penguin on Demand (POD), a new service that provides a complete HPC solution in the cloud. Penguin has been an innovator in HPC solutions for over a decade, and one of the companys' founders is recognized as the Father of Linux Clustering.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Director of Computer Hardware Engineering will round out our R&D Team. Lead/coordinate Company initiatives from a hardware technology perspective, driving our ideas from inception to evaluation and prototype, communicating the results and strategy to internal teams.
This is a very hands-on role.
• Own and communicate the hardware strategy, plan and execution as it relates to the Company initiatives.
• Demonstrate a Hardware Development plan that meets the future needs of our commercial and government clients
• Ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively
• Establish realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines
• Provide hardware technical leadership and vision to internal teams
• Lead regular hardware technology and strategy reviews
• Tests ideas with prototypes and revise plans based upon success and failures
• Evolve the existing deployed hardware solutions and their related architecture as needed
• Exhibit leadership abilities to our commercial and government clients with the deployment of hardware solutions
• Accountable for delivering projects on time
• Serve as the technical lead from a Hardware perspective in all client meetings
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related Engineering field from a nationally accredited 4 year college/university
• 10 years experience in hands-on IT hardware architecture and solution design in a paid full-time position is required, and
• Deep understanding of software/hardware interface, LINUX, IO storage and interconnect, power optimization, low power design, elements of power systems efficiency, device driver evaluation, embedded systems design, device drivers, testing and implementation on x86 platforms, GPU, HPC architecture & systems,
• Ability to engage customers at the design level, communicate with mother board manufacturers, ability to speak Mandarin a bonus
• General understanding of IT infrastructure including server, network, storage and data center architectures
• Ability to excel in idea generation, evaluation, and prioritization, customer and partner engagement, and cross-functional technical program management
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
Penguin Computing offers an environment where the energy and enthusiasm of a startup are propelled by the experience and vision of a seasoned executive team. Penguin provides its employees with an engaging workplace that actively recognizes both performance and commitment.
We offer competitive compensation, plus comprehensive benefits package that includes stock-options, a 401k plan, medical, HSA, dental, vision, Flex Plans, Life insurance, and LTD coverage along with unlimited paid vacation and 9 company holidays.
Penguin Computing was the first company to develop and manufacture computers running the Linux operating system exclusively. Employees share in the company's continuing leadership in Linux-based solutions for the internet infrastructure market.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.