Sr. Linux System Administrator and Support Specialist - Fremont, Atlanta or Orlando
|Benefits:||Yes - See Benefits Tab on Career Home Page|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Penguin Computing is a global leader in high-performance computing (HPC), delivering complete, integrated HPC solutions, from the workstation to the cloud.|
With a focus on cutting-edge technology, ease-of-use and exceptional customer service, Penguin cost-effectively meets the needs of the worlds most demanding HPC users, including Caterpillar, Lockheed Martin, the U.S. Department of Defense, and dozens of higher education and federally funded research and development centers.
Today, Penguin delivers a range of solutions, from massive Linux clusters to Penguin on Demand(POD), a new service that provides a complete HPC solution in the cloud.
Penguin has been an innovator in HPC solutions for over a decade, and one of the company's founders is recognized as the Father of Linux Clustering.
This is a unique opportunity to work on Penguin Computing's HPC Cloud service, which provides an on-demand, Linux supercomputing environment for customers around the world. This senior position will be required to design and maintain HPC Linux clusters while working regularly with customers to provide support for HPC cloud environments.
You should have a solid understanding of Linux, compilers, networking and storage along with experience in deploying large HPC or Enterprise hardware environments. You will be a senior escalation contact for complex environments, providing support for HPC schedulers, applications and storage systems. You will be required to work independently, set customer expectations and work with Penguin's hardware and software development teams to support and design Linux HPC clusters.
If you are passionate about Linux, interested in working with customers, and looking to work with an experienced team of Linux Engineers, this is the job for you!
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Linux and HPC cluster System Administration
• Escalation for complex hardware issues
• Escalation for software, schedulers and HPC issues
• Handle incoming support requests quickly, patiently and accurately
• Opening, managing and documenting cases and work orders
• Rotation Duty as On-Call Support Engineer
• Design HPC network and hardware configurations for customers
• Train junior support engineers
• Help develop and grow our Managed Service offering
|Qualifications:||Qualifications & Requirements:|
• Expert with Linux, including advanced system and network administration (7+ years)
• Strong server hardware trouble-shooting and repair skills (7+ years)
• Strong understanding of Linux clusters, compilers, schedulers and common HPC applications.
• Strong understanding of enterprise environments and datacenters.
• Excellent shell scripting skills (Python experience is a plus).
• Proven verbal and written communication skills with a track record of problem solving without escalations.
• We are an upbeat team who value enthusiasm and a work ethic as much as your technical skills.
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) a plus. If you do not have the certification, we will reimburse your tuition once you have successfully completed the course.
• Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work independently to resolve customer issues.
U.S. Citizenship needed for customer site requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.