Cluster Engineer/Sr. Systems Administrator
|Benefits:||Yes - See Benefits Tab on Career Home Page|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||About the Company:|
Penguin Computing is a global leader in high-performance computing (HPC), delivering complete, integrated HPC solutions, from the workstation to the cloud.
With a focus on cutting-edge technology, ease-of-use and exceptional customer service, Penguin cost-effectively meets the needs of the world’s most demanding HPC users, including Caterpillar, Lockheed Martin, the U.S. Department of Defense, and dozens of higher education and federally funded research and development centers.
Today, Penguin delivers a range of solutions, from massive Linux clusters to “Penguin on Demand” (POD), a new service that provides a complete HPC solution in the cloud. Penguin has been an innovator in HPC solutions for over a decade, and one of the company’s founders is recognized as the “Father of Linux Clustering.”
|Duties:||We are looking for a Linux Systems Administrator on Steroids!|
• Install and configure Linux HPC and HA clusters for shipment to customers
• Design and maintain cluster work flow and build process
• Track operating system updates; integrate into installation process and test
• Integrate third party applications into installation process and test
• Troubleshoot software/hardware/OS/application compatibility and configuration issues
• On-site installation and debugging of customer systems
|Qualifications:||Experience in some or all of the following:|
• Application of parallel programming technologies, application optimization in a Linux cluster environment, software installation in a variety of cluster environments, cluster set-up and
• BS in Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
• 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
• Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux server environments
• RedHat and CentOS are required. Experience with SUSE a plus.
• Strong knowledge of High Performance Computing (HPC) application development
• Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.