Sr. HPC Cloud SysAdmin
|Benefits:||Yes - See Benefits Tab on Career Home Page|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This position can be located in|
Penguin Computing is a global leader in high-performance computing (HPC), delivering complete, integrated HPC solutions, from the workstation to the cloud.
With a focus on cutting-edge technology, ease-of-use and exceptional customer service, Penguin cost-effectively meets the needs of the worlds most demanding HPC users, including Caterpillar, Lockheed Martin, the U.S. Department of Defense, and dozens of higher education and federally funded research and development centers.
Today, Penguin delivers a range of solutions, from massive Linux clusters to Penguin on Demand(POD), a new service that provides a complete HPC solution in the cloud.
Penguin has been an innovator in HPC solutions for over a decade, and one of the company's original founders is recognized as the Father of Linux Clustering.
This is a unique opportunity to work on Penguin Computing's HPC Cloud service, which provides an on-demand, Linux supercomputing environment for customers around the world. This senior position will be required to design and maintain HPC Linux clusters while working regularly with customers to provide support for HPC cloud environments.
You should have a solid understanding of Linux, compilers, networking and storage along with experience in deploying large HPC or Enterprise hardware environments. You will be a senior escalation contact for complex environments, providing support for HPC schedulers, applications and storage systems. You will be required to work independently, set customer expectations and work with Penguin's hardware and software development teams to support and design Linux HPC clusters.
If you are passionate about Linux, interested in working with customers, and looking to work with an experienced team of Linux Engineers, this is the job for you!
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Linux and HPC cluster System Administration
• Escalation for complex hardware issues
• Escalation for software, schedulers and HPC issues
• Handle incoming support requests quickly, patiently and accurately
• Opening, managing and documenting cases and work orders
• Rotation Duty as On-Call Support Engineer
• Design HPC network and hardware configurations for customers
• Train junior support engineers
• Help develop and grow our Managed Service offering
• Expert with Linux, including advanced system and network administration (7+ years)
• Strong server hardware trouble-shooting and repair skills (7+ years)
• Strong understanding of Linux clusters, compilers, schedulers and common HPC applications.
• Strong understanding of enterprise environments and datacenters.
• Excellent shell scripting skills (Python experience is a plus).
• Proven verbal and written communication skills with a track record of problem solving without escalations.
• We are an upbeat team who value enthusiasm and a work ethic as much as your technical skills.
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) a plus. If you do not have the certification, we will reimburse your exam fee once you have successfully completed the course.
• Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work independently to resolve customer issues.
U.S. Citizenship is needed for customer site requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Moderate to extensive keyboard activity required. Some lifting (up to 40 lbs.) may be required.
Penguin Computing is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, creed, gender, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Penguin Computing will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the City of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This position is not open to recruiters.